Under the Hindu marriage and court marriage rule, there are necessary conditions that must be agreed to before marriage is substantial in India:
- The people getting married must be unmarried and must not have a living mate from their past marriage.
- The legal age for a lady is 18 years, and for a man is 21 years.
- The mental stability is fundamental for both the man and women, and they should be skilled in giving their consent to the marriage openly.
- The people getting married must be intellectually or mentally fit for the wedding; for example, they should not be experiencing any psychological problems.
- Both the bride and groom ought not to be ‘sapindas’ of one another except for if permitted under their separate religious laws.